Thursday, May 19, 2011

Before and "After"

Hi there!

Yesterday I spent quite some time fooling around with Photoshop. See, I challenged myself to change the elements in a room, turning it into something completely different. Does it sound like fun to you? It sure was for me, especially trying to figure out how to do it in Photoshop. So, after spending the whole afternoon and some night time too, here's what I came up with. =)
 
The room: A very colorful kitchen from Spanish magazine 20 Casas.

As you see, this kitchen has a very strong color palette, and an amazing vintage-style fridge with lovely figure.
However, light and texture seem less important here.

Now, if we turned things around...

Ok, so I gave light and texture a high importance in the space. I love the cottage feel texture can give.
Color and shape, on the other hand, are secluded. The palette is neutral, and I actually love that about it. Feels homey.

Now a quick look at both of them. I love this effect.
(Move your cursor over the image to see the change).



Amazing how the very same room can have the potential to be anything we like, by using different materials and elements, and thus giving it personality, huh?

------------------------------------------------

Lately I've been very busy with several projects... can't tell much about it for the moment, but hopefully I will soon.

In the meantime, thanks for your kind comments and emails, have yourself a very happy day!
P.S. If you'd like to see the same photoshop effect in our own kitchen, as part of our reno planning, click here!  =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi from Germany. :)
I love it! I started to read all your blog post's yesterday. You give me so many inspiration. I need to decorate my living room and bedroom.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

LinkWithin