Friday, August 6, 2010

Small Space, Huge Style

Thanks to my friend Patti G I realised I have been gone for almost a month! Waaaay too much! =( I'm really sorry, and hope to make it up soon. You see, I had some pretty busy weeks and then I went out for my summer vacations... but still, that's no excuse. I really hope this second half of the year gets better for my blogging and my house projects.

That being said, I'm here to share with you  a great place. It's a Toronto loft, designed by  Jassia Kelly and published by Style At Home magazine. It's tiny, and it's gorgeous. I LOVE tiny and gorgeous because I can relate to tiny spaces, and look forward to achieving gorgeous. I hope you like it too.

Enjoy.

A great idea for small spaces are glass or see-through furniture, such as these tables. They allow light through, and don't block view (which is always great in a small room). Another great thing is the small "chaise longé". A big mistake we often make in small places is jamming them with huge furniture, which only makes the room look smaller.


I love the use of mirrors in this dining nook. A great way to use the corners is with built-in seating areas.


Now, this is a gorgeous, tiny kitchen. If you have one wall to decorate, you can choose to make a big statement. This lovely damasque wallpaper is beautiful and matches the red in the dining area.


The brick wall looks beautiful in combination with the dark wood. I love the pictures hung over the bed.


And finally the bathroom, wich looks all tidy and neat.

So, how do you like it? Thumbs up, or down? Do tell!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pulgares arriba!!! Me gusta que tiene muchisimos detallitos que ayudan a que se vea muy chic pero no desordenado y ese papel de la cocina esta padrisimo!!! Gracias por la mención :) Un beso!

Flory said...

Rocio, these are all great ideas. That lamp in the first picture is awesome.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm happy to be back. :)

Sadaf said...

wow what an awesome ideas, great piece of decoration.....

LinkWithin